Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – Iraq
العراق - اربيل
|تاريخ النشر||٢١ نوفمبر ٢٠١٨|
|المكان||العراق - اربيل|
|الشركة||Search for Common Ground|
The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and technical support on design, monitoring and evaluation within the Iraq Country Program. The DM&E Coordinator will track DM&E responsibilities and deliver, ensure quality monitoring and evaluation, and strengthen the capacity of program and support staff to capture accurate and useful data that inform program implementation and results. Based in Baghdad, s/he will report to Iraq Country Director and work closely with Project Managers, the MENA regional DM&E Specialist and the global DM&E Manager at HQ.
Search currently has programs in ten countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Our Iraq programme is a growing portfolio. Our activities contribute to durable peace and the use of conflict transformation approaches throughout society using media and by empowering civil society while engaging with youth, women, religious and community leaders for sustainable peace. Search uses a range of tools to implement conflict transformation and peacebuilding programs, including radio, television, training, public forums, community dialogues, and arts and culture events, among others. It works on issues including good governance, justice, security sector reform, media training and professionalization, social cohesion, and reconciliation.
Key responsibilities and specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsible for the quality and timeliness of DM&E efforts in the Iraq program, as well as the program's contribution to regional DM&E;
- Manage the implementation of baseline studies, monitoring missions, and evaluations, ensuring quality methodology and analysis as well as timely delivery;
- Analyze data lected and share findings with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop Terms of Reference and manage consultants as needed for external M&E exercises;
- Provide leadership in the development of monitoring systems (e.g. the development of common indicators, M&E plans, data lection tools, evidence-based processes, and knowledge management plans);
- Contribute to project and program planning and review meetings, including preparing and sharing monitoring data on progress and challenges;
- Support the development of the country's DM&E strategy, including identifying opportunities for synergy between projects and common indicators that capture the lective effect and results of SFCG's work in Iraq;
- Develop the capacity of the country program to improve program design, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Provide orientation, technical support, and training to Iraq program staff members, particularly in areas of design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide regular coaching and support to DM&E and program staff;
- Liaise with the Iraq Country Director and MENA Regional Director to align with national and regional priorities;
- Participate in regional DM&E conference calls;
- Contribute to the development of project log frames and proposals;
- Contribute to cross-organizational learning, including providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and tested tools to the HQ-based Institutional Learning Team;
- Attend DM&E events, conferences, and meetings to keep up to date and maintain relationships; and
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge, particularly contributing to its Institutional Learning efforts.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A post graduate degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 4-5 years' professional experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
- Strong knowledge of local context and dynamics in Iraq.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mix-methods, outcome mapping and/or impact evaluation techniques;
- Demonstrated technical capacity to provide support and guidance to project staff on DM&E;
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail;
- Ability to coach and train others in M&E principles and best-practices;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge of logical framework and results framework planning and evaluation methodologies;
- Motivated, multi-tasker and self-starter;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional relationships;
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- Able to work independently and effectively in a team environment ;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, as well as web browsers;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English, native-level Arabic desired;
- Experience working in INGOs and specifically in conflict/fragile state environments;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and particularly Excel;
- Knowledge of SPSS, STATA, or Access is an advantage;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- Minimum salary requirements (or current salary), gross annual salary in USD.
- Projected start date,
- Where you found this posting.
Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.