العراق - اربيل
|تاريخ النشر||٢١ نوفمبر ٢٠١٨|
|المكان||العراق - اربيل|
|الشركة||Search for Common Ground|
Search for Common Ground is recruiting a Project Manager to oversee an upcoming youth engagement project. The project will establish local youth groups and produce dynamic media content to encourage youth participation in local governance. This will be achieved through (i) equipping the next generation of Iraqi youth with the skills and avenues for engaging in local governance and decision making, and (ii) promoting a conducive environment for youth participation in local governance and democratic processes. Based in Baghdad, Iraq, the Project Manager will report to the Country Director.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Creates a project work plan and coordinates all activities related to the project, including but not limited to planning and following up on the implementation of activities, coordinating with local partners and ensuring timely achievement of project milestones and objectives.
- Works closely with local NGOs to implement youth engagement activities across Baghdad, Basra, Ninewa, and Salah-ad-Din.
- Works closely with media production and broadcast partners to oversee the production logistics, overall production and broadcast of media content.
- Coordinates and supports other team coordinators in work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
- Prepares activity and quarterly narrative reports for donors in English, in laboration with SFCG's regional team and HQ.
- Coordinates the implementation of outreach activities with local partners at the governorate and district level. This could be achieved by maintaining contact, attending activities, regular reporting with local partners, ensuring that activities are running according to the plan.
- Nurtures and expands contact with local NGOs, local authorities, and local community leaders in project's targeted areas.
- Oversees the monitoring and evaluation aspects of the project, working with the DM&E staff of SFCG, including the Regional DM&E Specialist, to ensure that M&E frameworks are in place and implemented to document progresses towards the project's intended results.
- Monitors the project's financial reporting and works in close laboration with finance leagues to ensure compliance.
- Assists with communication and visibility aspects of the Iraq program, through written material, photos, success stories, updated website, social media and traditional media.
- Supervises several project staff members.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 5-7 years' professional experience in a comparable position.
- Previous experience in community engagement and peacebuilding programming in Iraq.
- Demonstrated experience in working with youth and/or local decision-making bodies in Iraq.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of media production and the media landscape in Iraq.
- Strong experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities.
- Strong knowledge of local context and dynamics Iraq.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships.
- Skills in engaging young people, including young women, in project activities
- Tech savvy - good understanding of media engagement and skills in overseeing media production.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Self‐starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Grounded understanding of gender dynamics.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English. Kurdish desired.
- Willingness and commitment to learning and growing.
Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible.To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter