Finance Assistant-Cash for Work (3 positions)
|تاريخ النشر||٢٥ ديسمبر ٢٠١٨|
|المكان||العراق - نينوى|
Diwan Company for Contracting, General Trade and Investment currently implements Cash for Work project in Mosul, Iraq. The Company was established in 1992 to work on different construction projects in Mosul.
The project aims at supporting of returnees, rehabilitating the community infrastructures with cash for work activities and promoting the social cohesion in the Nineveh Governorate, with a focus on West Mosul.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Finance Officer to ensure weekly cash forecast/requirements are compiled for the Cash for Work Project and shared with Operations.
· Support the Finance Officer to follow up with the bank on receipts.
· Ensure adequate petty cash is kept in the Company's office to cater small time expenditures as per the Finance procedures.
· Follow up with the staff and ensure the cash advances are settled within two weeks.
· Serve as point of contact for any financial queries/issues that may arise from the CfW Project Operations.
· Reconcile various pending advances in the ledger and ensure proper and timely settlement and reports to be submitted.
· Conduct weekly cash counts for office and submit the cash count sheets.
· Prepare monthly cash counts for office on last working day of the month and submit.
· Support the Finance Officer to update commitment cash book in coordination with Administration, Procurement/Logistics departments, bi-weekly to ensure all Finance obligations are entered in cash book.
· Support the Finance Officer to prepare cash book for office as per the Finance calendar
· Ensure payment documents are scanned and kept in the Company's Office.
· Support the Finance Officer to ensure that statutory deductions are paid to relevant authorities on time to avoid any penalties.
· Support the Finance Officer in liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
· Report any irregularities that occur in the project sites/operations.
· University degree/Diploma in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
· At least 1-2 years work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the private sector.
· Good experience/skills in MS Excel.
· Fluency in Arabic and fair English language.
DUTY STATION: Mosul, Iraq