العراق - اربيل
|المكان||العراق - اربيل|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|الشركة||Medya Diagnostic Center|
Laboratory Supervisor will be a suitably qualified graduate who will ensure the laboratory accomplishes its scope, standards and quality of its services. He/she will be involved in the disseminating of accurate medical information in a timely fashion to enhance medical services to patients. The laboratory supervisor participates in laboratory operations ranging from choice of methods, purchase of equipment, quality assurance, quality control and safety. He/she will help with the effective use and implementation of information technology, particularly as it applies to health and all technical staff.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Monitor that accepted standards of performance and laboratory services are achieved.
- Help with internal and external quality control programs.
- Undertake corrective actions as appropriate when quality control procedures indicate a loss of performance, communicating to the Laboratory manager if the issue is not resolved resulting in a failure to deliver the service to take further corrective action.
- Check and validate the results of tests, their accuracy, interpretation and wording of reports to patients.
- Help the laboratory manager provide cost-effective administration of laboratory services and eliminate waste.
- Review scientific publications as and when required to educate medical and laboratory staff.
- Communicate with accrediting, licensing and regulatory bodies and maintain effective communication with the institutional administration.
- Take part in audits and surveys as and when required.
- Provide scientific into strategic direction of laboratory services at the MDC.
- Ensure good staff retention by continuous monitoring and developing staff skills and ensuring a pleasant work environment is met.
- Ensure participation of laboratory staff in MDC lab CME program.
- Implement MDC established policies related to safety, dress code, cleanliness, infection control, waste management and exposure control plan as per the MDC PP Manuals.
- Implement all existing/ new policies related to ISO and CAP and in compliance with local MOH regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the laboratory
- Assures that adequate supplies are available at all time with minimum stock available without over stocking.
- Oversees orientation and training for assigned employees in coordination with the Human Resources Department.
- Assist laboratory staff with day to day duties especially during peak hours
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Education: International laboratory experience or Master's degree in a medical field of study
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of laboratory employment
- Language: Fluency in written and oral Kurdish and English
- Work Hours: 48 hours per week
Unique requirements of the job:
- Self-motivated, pro-active in dealing with issues, logical thinker with eye for detail and willingness to learn
- Ability to work laboratively to create meaningful use of health and laboratory information and technologies.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism and patient confidentiality
- Ability to listen and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from doctors.
- Good grasp clinical work flow in both inpatient and outpatient settings, interest in clinical information systems and outcome measurements.
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence for a devoted and empathetic caring of patients
- Good presentation skills and the ability to train staff on a regular basis