Senior Protection Manager
|تاريخ النشر||١٨ سبتمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||العراق - Iraq|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
The IRC's Protection is focused on increasing the safety and legal protections of Iraqis who are currently or formerly displaced, as well as those returning to their area of origin. With Protection at the forefront of the crisis in Iraq, the IRC's team is a leader in ensuring that vulnerable communities are receiving access to information and services through Protection Monitoring, Legal Case Management, Psychosocial support and Community-based protection assistance.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direction of the Protection Coordinator, the Senior Protection Manager (SPM) will be responsible to oversee the capacity building and mentoring of teams, and quality implementation of protection and rule of law programming in several Governorates of Iraq.
The SPM will mainly oversee the protection monitoring systems, tools and reporting, the referral systems and the legal programming. He/she will also lead on the identification, analysis and succinct reporting of protection trends and issues of concern to feed into protection sector strategy development, IRC programming as well as relevant humanitarian coordination fora, such as the Protection Working Groups. The SPM will also contribute to the continued development of the protection sector, including drafting proposals and budgets, under the guidance of the Protection Coordinator and in close collaboration with other technical sector leads.
Reporting to the Protection Coordinator, the Senior Protection Manager will be based in Ramadi, Anbar and covering Anbar and Salah al-Din governorates. The SPM will technically oversee 2 or 3 national Protection Managers responsible for the day-to-day management of the program, and other staff depending on project development. The Senior Protection Manager will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that protection principles are being incorporated into the emergency programs, and that we have and outcomes-based approach.
- Staff Supervision & Development
- Grant Planning & Project Implementation
- Technical Quality/Programme Management
- Staff Supervision & Development
- Reporting and Advocacy
- Coordination & Representation
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Technically supervises 2/3 Protection Managers
Indirect Reporting: Deputy Director (Programs), Deputy Director of Operations, Country Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Country Director; Country Program Sector Coordinators (WPE, CYPD, ERD); Field Coordinators; Advocacy Advisor; Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator; Grants Coordinator
External: UNHCR protection officers; Protection Working Group; Protection colleagues at peer agencies.
• University Degree in law (Human Rights Law preferred), political science, or equivalent
• 3-5 years professional experience in protection work, of which at least 2 in a managerial position, experience in emergencies preferred
• Proven experience in implementing protection monitoring projects, including in drafting protection monitoring reports, and in legal assistance projects
• Experience with qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting
• Proven experience in setting-up and following up on referral systems
• Previous experience leading diverse teams and with remote management
• Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Demonstrated experience in training/capacity building or national and international staff
• Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in English
• Knowledge of Arabic preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong management and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
• Ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail.
• Patient, flexible and able to handle pressure well, team spirited and willing to learn.
• Good computer skills including, at minimum, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position will be based in Ramadi and cover protection work in 2-3 governorates. This position will require travel in South-Central Iraq. Shared housing will also be provided for this position.