JOB TITLE: IP Network Engineer
Provide technical expertise in the area of IP network design, implementation, optimization and maintenance to support the company’s network. Identify and implement equipment and solutions for creating and supporting IP networks for a variety of environments that require the use of wired and wireless IP network technologies. Work closely with related departments, partners and Datacom engineering disciplines to deliver high quality and reliable network performance to the company’s customers.
- Architecture, design, install, testing and operate IP network to support the company’s network.
- Configure and turn up routers, switches, and related equipment and software.
- Develop system test plans, create specific test suites and procedures, write test summary reports, document and verify defects through a defect tracking system.
- Work with cross-functional teams to assess traffic impact when new services are being deployed.
- Evaluate overall network scalability, performance and recommend improvements.
- Develop a routine and ad hoc reports to management and field personnel to support service delivery.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical support for the IP network.
- Real-time problem management including coordinating customer calls, problem escalation to appropriate support levels, tracking, and follow-up.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting, analysis, and isolation of network events, tracking, and management of network events to resolution.
- Provide technical leadership to the inter-departmental project teams by providing technical guidance, expertise, coaching, and feedback.
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
- Very good English and Kurdish language, speaking Arabic is an advantage.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be able to influence internal and external organizations.
- The individual must be able to work and adapt changes in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, and must be a team player.
- Must have the ability to articulate technical issues to cross-functional teams fostering awareness and understanding of proposed system design implementations and integrations.
- Ability to follow multiple simultaneous projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter-departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Experience with service architecture development for service provider networks is desirable.
- Strong telecommunications, IP design skills.
- In depth knowledge of IP & VoIP Network Troubleshooting
- QoS background (MPLS, differentiated services) • Network Security (VPN, IPSec, FW)
- Hands on experience with OSPF and BGP-4
- Certifications in: Cisco CCNP is preferred and CCNP Service Provider highly desired
- 3GPP & ITU Standards familiarity – desirable
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point technologies – desirable