- The Operations Specialist will be
responsible for managing safe, compliant and reliable operations activities and
providing a clear direction with regards to priorities for the facility.
- Reporting directly to the OTL the
Operations Specialist is the key interface between the Operations team and the
- The Operations Specialist role is a
coaching and advisory position. Deliverables are achieved through influence,
and this is heavily reliant upon the relationship the OA develops with national
staff at the field locations. The role will work closely with the Operations
Maintenance Specialist to deliver safe execution of the facility plan and
timely resolution of operational issues.
Key accountabilities Leadership
- As a member of the Operations team the
Operations Specialist has a key role in ensuring compliance against all areas
of Process Safety, Operating Discipline and Product Quality.
- The Operations Specialist may deputise for
the OTL as required and will have direct interaction with sub-surface,
production optimisation, inspection, engineering, mods / projects and well
- Always demonstrate strong safety
leadership and exemplary safety behaviours ensuring that Client safety
expectations are communicated and reinforced.
- Carry out Leadership audits, participate
in incident investigations and lead/assist teams on determining root cause and
suitable preventative measures.
Risk / Operating Discipline
- Coaching and development of their direct
reports to support the nationalisation agenda
- Ensure changes to plant and equipment is
subject to the appropriate level of Management of Change before putting into
- Be visible on site to test and verify that
Operating Discipline standards are being set and maintained by the site
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance
with any Operational Risk Assessments (ORAs) that are in place covering
defective plant or conditions
- Responsible for ensuring timely execution
and accurate close out of all production related maintenance.
- Provide assurance to OTL on compliance at
site with Control of Work procedure. Provide coaching on site to Site
Controllers, Area Authority’s and Isolating Authority’s
- Lead by example and is accountable for
their teams being fully compliant with code of conduct and Values and
- Coach and support the facility team on
- Ensure that direct report work patterns
and commitments are fulfilled per HR contractual obligations
- Motivate the team, celebrate their
successes and ensure their views and problems are listened to and suggestions
- Identify and intervene if a team member
does not meet performance expectations, have a low tolerance for poor
Production Delivery, Optimisation & Excellent Performance
- Responsible for ensuring direct reports have a
robust development plan and are being actively managed. Is a competent and
active process isolation assessor.
- Responsible for understanding the day to
day plant optimisation and well inventory in order maximise daily production.
- Responsible for providing operational
input to the optimisation team for managing well allocation and new oil
- Actively monitor product quality and
manage interventions when quality issues arise. Be proactive to make early
interventions on indication of quality issues
- Responsible for ensuring robust plant
watch keeping and monitoring routines are completed with all deviations acted
on and ensuring system is fit for purpose.
- Manage plant availability to ensure that
safety critical maintenance is completed and production requirements are met.
- Lead and support 5 Whys investigations for
all production losses and product quality issues over defined limits
- Responsible for updating the plant
vulnerability sheet on a weekly basis so it is an accurate reflection of plant
- Drive clear prioritisation of
vulnerabilities so action is focused in the right areas
- Actively lead and ensure participation in
Continuous Improvement projects on your sites and promote the benefit of the CI
philosophy to engage the site teams in this process.
- Ensure plant operations are operated
within the design envelope and that any deviations are risk assessed via
operational risk assessments.
- Plant is prepared and reinstated in
support of TAR execution schedule, ensuring SIMOPS are identified and managed
early enough in the schedule.
Provide project team support during design, construction and