Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for promoting the company products and achieve commercial targets through planning and organizing the operation, developing and monitoring all sales activities in the district of responsibility; directing, leading, and providing coaching and guidance to the sales team to achieve maximum profitability and growth in line with company’s vision, values, and strategy. Responsible for observing and identifying market opportunities and challenges and subsequently developing, planning, implementing, and following through with appropriate and effective action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through the team; including the development of team members towards corporate growth.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Implements marketing strategies, analyze trends and results, and Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintains and monitors territory sales operational requirements through providing strategic direction, coaching, mentoring, and effective utilization of the sales team to achieve performance objectives and maximize profits.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of new staff to maintain and improve territory sales.
- Seeks actively to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships, identifying strategic business opportunities, and delivering innovative solutions.
- Responsible for redirecting efforts to deliver high productivity and optimum quality of work.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators to achieve commercial objectives and increase productivity.
- Identify and implement sales and margin opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Prepares and attends sales review meetings and forecasting meetings.
- Responsible for arranging key opinion leaders’ invitations and meetings.
- Accompanies sales team in visits for coaching purposes or work follow up.
- Organizes speak up sessions, develops activities within the specified district, and delegate assignments for senior representatives.
- Participate in direct to consumer activities.
- Undertakes any other projects, tasks, additional responsibilities assigned by Direct Manager.
- Ensures proper communication with – Country Manager, Franchise Manager, Financial Controller, Events coordinator, and manager - to ensure proper application of all job tasks.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, or any related field.
- 3 – 5 years of previous successful experience in Direct Sales in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Sound understanding of business planning, budgeting, and forecasting techniques.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft office applications.
- Sound Knowledge of the country’s regulations and rules.
- Deep product knowledge.
- Ability to manage and influence sales team.