The title Art Director (AD) is an industry-standard term and everyone in creative and media agencies knows that this position is limited to managing the design and advertising output and its process. The other similar titles would be Associate Art Director, Creative Services Manager, Creative Studio Manager, or Associate Creative Director.
However, every agency and a creative team must have an Art Director and the clients would expect you to have this position in your creative team.
In this role, you will expertly be working with and managing the creative team to create powerful and viable concepts, shape the overall style and tone of multinational brands and major multilingual advertising campaigns, it will allow you to advance your creative thinking and elevate your portfolio. All of this inside a modern office of the leading media and creative agency that is located in the World Trade Center of Erbil.
- Create and maintain the visual look for all work on multiple accounts, making sure the client's marketing materials are visually engaging and that the selling message is clear.
- Direct the visual elements of the campaign, come up with interesting and innovative ideas to develop advertising campaigns/content, Graphic design, motion design, concepts, storyboard, set designs, and layout options through presentations, and getting clients to approve the recommended designs.
- Instruct a team of designers and copywriters to execute the vision.
- Give clear direction to designers, illustrators, visual artists, photographers, UI designers, motion graphic artists on an array of projects to flawlessly execute cross-channel work. The willingness to get hands-on, producing many elements personally.
- Work with copywriters and strategists to develop concepts for integrated campaigns: off-line (Outdoor, Radio, and TV Commercials, Event Branding, Experiential Marketing) and on-line campaigns (digital and social media and activations).
- Work proactively with project managers, account managers, marketers, planners, media specialists, production managers, print and broadcast producers.
- Translate marketing strategy into persuasive layouts, brand identities, and packaging.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with other members of the creative team to develop concepts for a new business presentation.
- Responsible for regular client-facing presentations and meeting management, Pitch concepts internally to the executive directors or account team.
- Manage and lead photo shoots and video shoots.
- Stay current on design, the campaign, and technology trends.
- Improve the creative process of the team, working with planning/strategy to inspire better briefs.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a senior graphic designer or art director making ad campaigns and ideas in both traditional and digital agency environments
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, and InDesign – plus an understanding- ing of Adobe XD, 3D modeling software, video production, editorial, and photography.
- Have Strong ideation, The conceptual ability for long-term and tactical campaigns.
- Leadership skills to foster the best possible creative environment effectively and consistently, and the ability to understand overarching business objectives.
- Have a good design portfolio of work that represents the style of art direction he/she employs and want to strive for, in both video, print, and digital canvases
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines