The graphic designer main tasks are: creating meaningful or inspiring visual concepts, either by hand or by using specialized computer programs. The designs have to inspire, captivate, and inform any potential viewers. Depending on their ranking, graphic designers could also very well be in charge of marketing. A graphic designer creates visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. He/she develop the overall layout and production design for applications such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, and reports.
The main responsibilities of most people with the graphic designer job description are as follows:
- Gathering and studying the necessary materials and information.
- Planning concepts and designing rough layouts and concept art.
- Illustrating the concept of art.
- Periodically submitting in-progress images for approval and requesting and receiving feedback.
- Operating printing, typesetting, and other similar equipment.
- Marking and preparing finished art and copy.
- Preparing the final project layout.
- Maintaining a level of technical knowledge and ensuring the continued functioning of equipment.
- Completing each piece of relevant equipment’s maintenance requirements.
- Performing the occasional inventory and handling equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinating with other agencies and businesses.
- Getting involved with the design workshops and professional societies and publications.
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message
- Design layouts, including selection of colours, images, and typefaces
- Present design concepts to clients or art directors
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
Graphic Designer Job Essential Skills
- Organizational skills
- Management skill
- Artistic skills.
- Communications skills
Qualifications and Training
Generally, graphic designers require a bachelor’s degree in either graphic design or in a related field.
Please send us your portfolio or Behance web-address to see your previous works and work experiences.