Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of UN-Habitat Iraq or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Programme Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support for planning, management, and implementation of a project titled “Support for Urban Recovery and Peacebuilding in Western Ninewa, Iraq” funded by the EU MADAD Fund as well as other assigned projects.
- Ensure timely coordination with the donor, government counterparts, communities, and other counterparts/stakeholders.
- Develop project approaches, design project implementation guidelines, standard operating procedures in line with the project’s theme.
- Ensure the project team is working in collaborative dynamics to achieve the overall project goal.
- Monitor the project progress on a daily basis in liaison with UN-Habitat’s field engineers and ensure timely implementation of the project activities.
- Monitor the project expenditure in liaison with UN-Habitat’s operations team.
- Plan and conduct field missions to monitor the progress of the activities and liaise with the government counterparts as well as beneficiary community members.
- Draft and finalize monitoring reports, progress reports, project final report, press releases and any other documents related to the project.
- Develop project proposals for the new phases/new projects.
- Plan and implement communications and visibility activities in line with the donor requirements and guidance.
- Plan and organize Steering Committee meetings and other coordination meetings for the project in liaison with the donor, government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Actively engage and represent UN-Habitat at relevant coordination and cluster forums.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities; conduct training workshops, seminars, etc. and deliver presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and regular communication with project stakeholders such as local authorities, counterparts, implementing partners, contractors, beneficiaries and relevant UN agencies;
- Lead on assigned policy and program development initiatives, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
- Organize and prepare written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Required degree level Master degree or equivalent Educational additional comments
- Required experience 180 Months Experience remark Language skills Area of expertise Development program management, another development program/project experience, Resource mobilization, partnership, and donor coordination Area of expertise details
- Driving license
- Competencies values Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams Application procedure
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Confident computer user, particularly in Word, Excel, and email functions is required.