- Position Title: Civil Engineer Position Code: Bdd/03/06
- Department: Business Development
- Date: 28/06/2022
- Location: Al Muthanna / Iraq
- Reports To: Business Development Manager
- A civil engineer is responsible for working with senior-level staff and preparing engineering and construction plan documents for a variety of types of projects. These include oil refinery Processes, Tankage, Building, Roads, Offsite & utility, Right of ways, and Pipeline. This is a fast-paced, dynamic position that will require working both independently and as a member of a team of professionals moving projects from concept through construction phases.
- Establish and responsible for project construction execution and technical, Design engineering and review within international standards survey work, inspections QA/ QC and using engineer software applications 2D & 3D Drawings.
- Placing and reviewing procedures and standards for safe construction practices and maintaining a high quality of construction standards to ensure a safe construction site.
- Perform Construction Administration Services for all Civil/ Structural/ Excavation/ Site Preparation work performed by General contractors or subcontractors for the construction of different types of buildings/ Process Units/ Tankage/ Utility. Pipelines etc. related to Civil Construction Works.
- Observe testing performed by the Contractor and determine conformance with the Contract Documents, Oversee the preparation of the as-built drawings.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for Civil maintenance, repair MOC, resources allocation, and Preventive & Predictive Maintenance program.
- Review Shop Drawings for compliance with Contract Documents, Product Data, Samples, Certification, and other submittals for compliance with Contract Documents.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) submitted by the Contractor, installed work for conformance to the Contract Documents, and Provide Clarification of the requirements of the Contract Documents.
- Observe testing performed by the Contractor and determine conformance with the Contract Documents.
- Liaison and facilitator of the verification process of work performed on-site and effort of Quality Assurance to implement the preferences and material selection.
- Evaluation of cost proposals and applications for payment submitted, Verify the accuracy of Prices and Quantities included in the Contract Documents for Construction activities.
- Verification Calculations submittals, Project Progress, Testing Procedures, Vendor verification, Specification Material, and Technical Evaluation to meet internal Standards.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of professional engineering experience Construction industry, especially Oil and Gas projects
- Minimum 3 years in oil and gas project civil works including a minimum 2 years in gas production/LNG onshore facility
- Experience in conceptual studies, FEED, and detailed design in reputed organizations.
- Experience in the installation of civil works related to onshore gas production and LNG facilities.
- Be able to demonstrate a wealth of relevant experience in petrochemical or similar related industry
- Have a sound technical background in civil engineering
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- 3D Modeling experience using Plant 3D or Inventor.
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Materials Controls System-MCS and related engineering/project planning software
- Strong teamwork, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent
- in building good working relationships with the Client, Contractors, and engineering design companies.
- You will be a technically strong, self-motivated individual able to communicate in both spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Worthy in a web search for a new company’s dynamic in oil projects.
- Familiar with international certificates and standards such as ISO, ASME, ASTM, BS/EN, AASHTO, and project’s related standards.