Power Plant Trainer
Iraq - Basra
|Posted date||4 September 2018|
|Location||Iraq - Basra|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job : Power Plant Trainer
Trainer will have the responsibility for training all operations shift personnel in the safe and efficient operation of ALL plant equipment to help ensure that the highest possible levels of availability and reliable output are maintained by the power plant facility as a whole.
Preferred Nationality:local or Irani Kurdish or Arab
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Assume a lead role in ensuring the safety of all plant personnel and equipment by adhering to plant safety program and good operating practices both in letter and in spirit.
- Lead role in development of all plant operational procedures.
- Direct responsibility for training all operations personnel in the safe and efficient operation of ALL plant equipment to help ensure that the highest possible levels of availability and reliable output are maintained by the power plant facility as a whole.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all operations personnel certifications required by law.
- After initial training cycle is completed continue to act as the operations training lead for all annual refresher training, cross training of operations and maintenance personnel, new employee training as required. Responsible for setting up an ongoing operator evaluation program to help maintain operator proficiency on a continuing basis
- Lead role in any operational problem root cause evaluations.
- If necessary provide coverage for Operations Superintendent / Foremen as required.
- Develop and implement cross-training and professional development courses for operating and maintenance department personnel to with goal of increasing understanding and cooperation between departments.
- Assume a lead role in the planning, scheduling, coordination and execution of the operations roles during planned outage and project implementation activities.
- Assist with maintaining the quality and performance of all department activities at a level appropriate for an asset of critical importance to corporate financial performance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of the operational requirements for a large plant process or utility scale power plant particularly in regards to safety, reliability, and dispatched operation.
- Demonstrated proficiency at establishing and executing operational training for a power plant of this size and complexity.
- 5 years or more satisfactory experience as a power plant Operations Shift Supervisor.
- 10 years or more hands on experience as a power plant operator including time spent as a Control Room Unit Operator.
- Experience with switching and operation of high voltage systems and equipment required.
- Certifications in Training and Safety highly preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, scheduling, and work planning programs of some type.
- Good English communication skills; Spanish working knowledge as a minimum, fluency preferred.
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Working Condition:(5) Days per week &(9) hours per day (Starting from -:-- 8 am till -:--5 pm);
- Travel for work or any other activities (it depends):
- Other allowances or benefits per month:
A. Transportation allowance:yes
B. Communication allowance (Phone & Internet):yes
C. Food allowance / Lunch:yes