National EOD / IED Instructor
Iraq - Baghdad
|Location||Iraq - Baghdad|
|Required Experience||EOD/IEDD training|
|Education||Formal EOD training|
operations under the Iraq Strategic Plan which focuses on three main components:
- Explosive Hazard Management.
- Capacity Enhancement.
- Risk Education.
The position of 'National EOD/IEDD Instructor' will support the delivery of the overall objectives of our client Capacity Enhancement (CE) component.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Training Officer (STO), the National EOD/IEDD Instructor will be specifically responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure close and effective interaction and co-ordination with senior Iraqi police management in regard to the 1st responder and EOD/IEDD training.
- Coordinate, facilitate and prioritize all first responder and EOD/IEDD training activities relating to the Iraqi police.
- Follow up on QA visits and make necessary changes to the training program when and where required.
- Monitor and analyse the existing level of capacity demonstrated by the students and make recommendations for developing future training courses.
- Provide advice to the STO on requirements for different tools and assets which could play significant role in the improvement of performance and productivity of the students on completion of their al training course.
- Support development of all 1st responder and EOD/IEDD training packages to meet the requirements of the agreed training plan.
- Support delivery of the relevant training and mentoring packages to the Iraqi police in accordance with the agreed training plan.
- Conduct theoretical and practical exercises relevant to the course of training.
- Conduct theoretical and practical assessments relevant to the course of training.
- Provide individual feedback to each student regarding their performance in both the theoretical and practical assessments undertaken during the course.
- Provide advice, support and assistance in the development, maintenance, revision and updating of national EOD/IEDD training documents and SOP's.
- Assist the STO in identifying and listing specialist equipment which would be required for the delivery of future EOD/IEDD training events.
- Monitor daily reports received from the organisations operating within the training environment and convey such information to the STO.
- Formal EOD training at a recognized institution.
- Formal IEDD training at a recognized institution.
- Formal teaching qualification (civilian or military).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the delivery of EOD/IEDD training courses, of which a minimum of 2 years’ must be in the delivery of similar material to military / law enforcement students within a high threat/non-permissive environment. Previous military / Law enforcement experience in EOD /IEDD.
- Our client is committed to gender mainstreaming throughout all its processes and activities, in accordance with UNSCR 1325, present and forthcoming Gender in Mine Action Guidelines, and the Temporary Special Measures on Gender Parity. This includes ensuring recruitment and retention are both gender-responsive and inclusive.
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Qualified survivors of explosive hazards are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Contract duration is for 6 months with a possibility for extension depending on donor funding and consultants work performance.
- Interested candidates please apply before: 16-06-2019