LOGCAP - Task Order Manager
|Posted date||7 October 2019|
|Location||Iraq - Baghdad|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Task Order Manager will carry out the following duties and responsibilities in order of priority:
Serves as the project manager for LOGCAP V task orders and provides assistance to the Program Manager in working with the prime contractor and Government representatives at the task order-level. Under the guidance of the Program Manager, the TO Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the specific task order(s) and ensuring that the task orders are executed in accordance with the subcontract requirements.
Specific Duties Include
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the task orders to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled, quality standards are met, and associated expectations of performance are achieved. Provides direction and oversight pertaining but not limited to the following areas: power generation/distribution, air terminal operations, engineering/construction management, bulk and retail fuel operations;
- Provides expert direction and guidance to subordinates, develops schedules, formulates work plans, manages and controls project funds and resources, and serves as point of contact with the country prime contractor representative;
- Manages and tracks TO Budget on a periodic basis and provides financial reports to the program manager. Tracks all payments and financial information within the Task Order and for all TO Contracts and Purchase Orders. Participates as required and directed in all financial internal and external audits.
- Checks all invoices for completeness, supporting documentation requirements, and certifies that the work was successfully and/or completed in accordance with contract terms and conditions as represented in the invoice;
- Represents LB Services at conferences, negotiations, other meetings in the field and be able to speak authoritatively while recognizing the limitations of your own professional knowledge and credentials;
- Leads the establishment of TO filing systems and ensure the documentation of all contract and implementation actions and activities are completed on time and as directed;
- Manages a diverse staff of U.S. nationals, skilled and unskilled other country and local nationals. Maintains good order and morale among their staff members and their team in accordance with the guidance and direction imparted by the LOGCAP V, local base requirements, and in accordance with LB Services Human Resource Policies and Procedures. Ensures that all employees adhere to and comply with the US Military general orders;
- Institutes management controls to assure all on-site staff are carryout their duties with the highest degree of quality, accountability, and integrity and within the code of conduct required by LB Services, and the U.S. military;
- Consult with the prime contractor and military representatives to plan comprehensive camp safety programs and evacuation procedures in case of hostile fire or other emergency;
- Ensures that all corporate and all LOGCAP V policies and procedures are followed. Ensures that annual and other periodic performance reviews and carried out and properly documented. Works closely with the Home Office to ensure that staff records are kept up to date;
- Abide by and adhere to all requirements in General Order #1 in conformity with US military standards and practices;
- As Directed by the Program Manager.
- General knowledge of several of the following areas is highly desired: power generation/ distribution, air terminal operations, engineering/construction management, bulk and retail fuel operations;
- Significant experience in project development and implementation management, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, forecasting, developing and implementing staffing and equipment plans, and reporting;
- Thorough Knowledge in contract management including production of Scopes of Work, Budgets, Schedules, contract development, bidding-award, contract administration, and close outs; Knowledge of US military operations and contracting support in a contingency environment is desired;
- Sound civilian/military management background displaying ability to staff, organize, lead and manage a diverse work force larger than 100 people;
- Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24/7 operations;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and sound judgment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good physical condition.