|Posted date||13 October 2019|
|Location||Iraq - Al Başrah|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Wood is currently looking for a Pipeline Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To develop cost effective pipeline design methods and procedures
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development and provide engineering assistance during construction
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Pipeline engineering and design
- Familiar with all pipeline mechanical design calculations
- To prepare pipeline technical specification
- To prepare pipeline technical data sheets
- To prepare Material Requisition
- Pipeline Material Take Off (MTO)
- Prepare and compile construction work packs
- Review engineering drawings such as routing, typical construction details, alignment sheets, general arrangement drawings, isometrics and station approach
- Familiar with site visit and reconnaissance survey
- Familiar with interfaces with other disciplines
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED, Detailed Design and PMC is required.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Pipeline Engineering deliverables including Scope of Work, Data Sheets, Pipeline specifications, Pipeline Stress Analysis and Technical Reports
- Compliance with Wood procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards
- Onshore Oil & Gas related design experience
- Thorough awareness of International Design Guidelines and Standards
- Commercially / contractually aware and able to manage design budgets
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Experience of participation in HAZOP & HAZID studies is essential
- Familiarity with typical software packages that are used in pipeline engineering and design
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Apply Online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!