E & I Construction Supervisor
|Posted date||13 October 2019|
|Location||Iraq - Al Başrah|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Wood is currently recruiting for E & I Construction Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis; we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- To liaise with the Client’s In-Country Team.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with Construction Contractor by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day to day issues.
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports as requested.
- Review and acceptance of final E & I system handover documentation on behalf of the project.
- Plan; assist in direction and execution of E & I work, including equipment in the field, to meet project objectives.
- Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installations of all electrical and instrumentation equipment and support systems in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards
- Assist construction personnel with general technical details.
- Ensures that all FAT / SAT and other tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Interpret equipment vendor drawings and manuals, P&ID’s and loop diagrams.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems; coordinates application of solutions.
- Ensure project schedules are being met.
- Interact with all subcontractors during construction phase of a project.
- Electrical Degree preferred, although strong technical background acceptable
- Electrical or Instrumentation Background
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Able to motivate the EPC contractor on the importance of safety
- Familiar with ISO and OHSAS standards
- Willing to implement new initiatives, open to new ideas, can move innovative ideas to successful outcomes
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Construction Supervisory experience essential
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Must be able to communicate in English and Arabic – written and spoken
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Apply Online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!