AMIDEAST/Iraq Country Director
|Posted date||13 October 2019|
|Location||Iraq - –|
AMIDEAST IRAQ COUNTRY DIRECTOR
The AMIDEAST/Iraq Country Director will serve as AMIDEAST’s senior representative in the country, fostering positive relationships with host country government officials, key clients, partners, and donors; and overseeing the delivery of all AMIDEAST programs and services to ensure consistency, quality, and a focus on client requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of operations for AMIDEAST, sustaining the existing program portfolio, and setting the direction for the expansion of offerings and activities. The incumbent must be an assertive self-starter who possesses strong diplomatic and entrepreneurial skills.
Overall responsibilities for this position include managing office operations and finances, recruiting and training staff, and developing a diverse portfolio of programs and services which include standardized testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, Arabic language programs, skills enhancement courses for high school and university students, and professional training courses that focus on basic management skills, workforce development skills, English language skills, and test preparation.
The AMIDEAST/Iraq office is located in Erbil. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing branch offices in Baghdad and in Basra and for undertaking in-country travel to current and potential clients located throughout the country.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities for this Country Director position include, but are not limited to, the following:
▪ Coordinates all AMIDEAST activities in the field office and supervises staff and a core team of teachers and trainers supporting programs.
▪ Sets the direction for the sustainability of existing core lines of business and develops new strategies and opportunities for continued growth throughout the country.
▪ Leads all business development activities for AMIDEAST by identifying opportunities in the corporate, government, and education sectors of the country. Maintains client, partner, and donor relationships to position AMIDEAST for new opportunities.
▪ In coordination with Headquarters, develops and writes proposals and prepares budgets for submission to potential sponsors and clients.
▪ Develops an annual plan and budget inclusive of new business development strategies. Oversees the programmatic and financial implementation and monitoring of the plan and budget targets, and the creation of contingency options.
▪ Administers, coordinates, and monitors the office’s fiscal affairs in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures, and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to AMIDEAST Headquarters. Functions include overseeing operating, capital, and contract budgets; cash management; foreign exchange; monthly accounting; procurement; and contract management.
▪ Directs the continued development of AMIDEAST human resources including setting strategies for hiring, staff development, promotion, salary and job classification structures, and formal staff training and orientation. Creates a learning culture within AMIDEAST and acts as a mentor for on-the-job growth.
▪ Develops and coordinates personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the Human Resources Director at Headquarters.
▪ Ensures compliance with host country laws related to financial and human resource matters.
▪ Manages the marketing of all AMIDEAST’s products and services, and develops new project ideas. Oversees the creation of all print, online, and social media marketing literature and information in compliance with AMIDEAST’s branding policies and client/donor requirements.
▪ Ensures that formal monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted for all programs and services to determine client satisfaction, learning, application, and impact.
▪ Oversees alumni activities for all programs in coordination with Headquarters.
▪ Negotiates lease agreements for all office facilities, manages the establishment and/or build-out of new office facilities, and tracks key dates regarding lease agreements.
▪ Oversees the preparation and submission to Headquarters of required reports including accurate statistics on field office activities. Prepares briefings on educational, training, and economic developments in Iraq and in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
▪ Ensures that all required technical and financial reports are submitted to donors, clients, and host country government entities in a complete and timely manner.
▪ Ensures that security, anti-fraud, and risk management policies and procedures are in place at the field office facilities.
▪ Participates in fundraising, public relations, and outreach activities.
▪ Represents AMIDEAST through active membership in professional business and education associations, and at conferences, meetings, and workshops.
▪ Remains current on changes within the education and training industries through publications and continuing education.
▪ Projects a qualified appearance and cooperative attitude, and maintains high ethical standards of confidentiality in representing AMIDEAST to ensure professional representation at all times.
▪ A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Applied Linguistics, or a relevant field
▪ A minimum of 10 years of management experience, including the oversight of staff, projects, budgets, and facilities
▪ Demonstrated business development experience, including project design, proposal development and writing, and budgeting
▪ Demonstrated experience in marketing educational, professional, and workforce development training programs and services via traditional and online platforms
▪ Demonstrated financial management skills
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, monitoring and evaluation activities for human resource development programs and courses
▪ Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
▪ Exemplary writing and presentation skills
▪ Knowledge of the US higher education system
▪ A minimum of 7 years of work experience in the MENA region
▪ Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
▪ An ability to balance sensitive political and cultural issues and to develop a broad base of working relationships
▪ Proficiency in MS Office productivity tools, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
▪ An intermediate level of spoken and written proficiency in Arabic
▪ An intermediate level of spoken and written proficiency in Kurdish
▪ An understanding of the educational and professional skills training sectors of Iraq.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation