Lead Welding Engineer
|المكان||العراق - Basra|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Welding Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis; we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Act as focal point for all welding, materials and NDE related queries on FOD projects
- Develop welding matrix/weld map for construction workpacks with welding activities
- Establish WPS/PQR requirements for construction workpacks
- Review/approval of construction contractors WPS/PQR for suitability to work scope
- Assist local Iraqi construction teams to develop their welding competencies
- Support BOC (asset owner) self-performing teams in development and qualification of WPS
- Support BOC to develop a welding management system
- Coordination and oversight of WPS qualification activities
- Review of vendor WPS/PQRs for POs with welding activities
- Improve awareness and understanding of welding requirements amongst key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of client specific welding, material and testing related specifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Materials or Welding Engineering.
- Certified Welding Engineer under the scheme of IIW, EWF, or equivalent.
- Membership of global or country specific welding industry body (desirable).
- Minimum 10 years Oil and Gas experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a Welding Engineering role.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format.
- Analytical, Problems Solving skills and Systematic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural workforces and environments.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas, power and process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. <web address removed?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.