Requisition ID: req19520
Job Title: Early Childhood Development (ECD) Facilitator / Mosul
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mosul, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Iraq program was established in 2003 and is currently operating programs in 14 governorates in the Kurdistan Region and south central Iraq with an annual budget of over $30 million. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC's assistance programs for Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Iraq, includes both camp-based and urban-based refugee and IDP assistance. The IRC Iraq supports IDPs, returnees, host communities and Syrian refugees across 14 governorates in Iraq with activities focused on education, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, child protection and livelihoods activities. The IRC Iraq’s country office is based in Erbil, with field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk, Ramadi, Duhok and Baghdad and program offices in Sulaymaniyah, Salah al-Din and Karbala governorates.
In Iraq, high-quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) programs have the potential to provide the foundation for children future academic success, health, prosperity, and wellbeing. A large body of scientific evidence emphasizes the need for increased investment in early childhood, particularly for children experiencing conflict, crisis and displacement; these children are extremely vulnerable to the long-lasting effects that prolonged stress has on the developing brain.
In December 2017, Sesame Workshop and the IRC were awarded the MacArthur Foundation’s inaugural 100&Change grant to make real progress toward solving a critical problem of our time. With the extraordinary investment of $100 million, our partnership will transform the language, early reading, math, and social-emotional skills of a generation of children ages 0-8 affected by the Syrian war. Focusing on children in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria over the next five years, the plan combines the depth of in-person services, reaching 1.5 million children, with the breadth of mass media, reaching 9.4 million children. For more information, please visit: http://refugee.sesameinternational.org/ .
The Early Childhood Development (ECD) Facilitator will be responsible for field-based implementation and monitoring of all service delivery at the designated ECD implementation centers in Mosul, and will work closely under the supervision of the Early Childhood Development Officer, and with the rest of the ECD team.
· Implement the early childhood development programs in Ahlan Simsim centers under the supervision of ECD officers through the different assigned platforms and curriculums.
· Follow up on children attendance in the integrated early childhood development program and understand reason for not attending where applicable
· Follow up with parents regarding attendance of children when necessary and where applicable.
· Deliver community outreach sessions on the importance of ECD as directed by the ECD Officer
· Ensure all children and caregivers have adequate materials for the all period of the program.
· Assess the needs of the Ahlan Simsim center and raise requests to the ECD officer.
· As directed by the ECD officer, support the distribution of the necessary materials
· Conduct outreach and home visiting ECD activities regularly.
· Support M&E team in data collection and data entry with relevant tools, as needed
· Recommend ECD measures to maintain the most appropriate child safe healing and learning space environment
· Strengthen relations with the community stakeholders, and other community groups, and seek their support for implementation of the ECD program
· Delivering parenting training sessions in communities based on directions and planning by ECD officers.
· Perform any other related duties as may be required.
· Integrating minorities and children with disabilities in all ECD activities.
· Advocate for community participation to ensure children and caregivers access quality ECD services.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Review data collection of the ECD program and support the M&E team in monitoring and evaluating program outcomes.
· Monitor the quality of the ECD program, with the ECD officer, against benchmarks and program targets and indicators determined by the management and RMEAL teams;
· Timely identification and discussion of project issues with ECD officers
· Organizing sessions to receive feedback from the caregivers and children.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ECD Deputy Manager
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting: ECD Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Research team, ECD Officers, Education team, M&E team, IRC Mosul field teams
External: local governance representatives, local ECD stakeholders
· Certificate, craft certificate or license, preferably bachelor.
· 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the field of ECD and/or community-level humanitarian work implementing community-level programming (awareness, children and parenting sessions)
· Demonstrated experience in overseeing data collection and M&E activities
· Demonstrated capacity to write clear reports
· Outstanding interpersonal skills, and capacity to maintain excellent working relationships with relevant team members.
· Demonstrated capacity to perform well under pressure with overlapping deadlines in a challenging environment
· Fluency in written and spoken in Arabic and English is a plus.
· Travel and other requirements :
· The position will be based in Mosul/ Ahlan Simsim centers, with frequent travel required between relevant areas.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني] .
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.